Monday, January 26, 2009

A Gooey Goodbye

Lest you all think this is exclusively Luke’s blog, I’ll send a little shout out and post some of my comings and goings, too.

We’ve had quite an event filled week trying to cram as much Aunt Brookie (my little sister) into our lives as possible before we have to say good bye for 18 months. (Brooke enters the MTC on Wednesday to prepare for her mission in El Salvador and Belize.) We had sleepovers and Dairy Queen runs and she even came to work with me to help out with my Child Birth Ed class I teach at the hospital. Tonight we shared her last family home evening here at our house. After the lesson, everyone was kind enough to satisfy this romantic idea I’ve had of roasting marshmallows on a snowy night in our basement fireplace. It was pretty fun.


Brooke & McKay
My Marshmallow Man

Uncle Cregg & the boys




Abby had fun too!

7 comments:

birdie said...

Hi Lisa!

It was so great to hear from you on my (our:) blog! How are you guys? You're up in Idaho, right?

I miss the snow even though I used to get sick of it when we lived in it. I'm jealous of your fun night of roasting marshmellows. Your Abby is so darling!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you discovered the BLOGGING WORLD...but beware...it is quite addicting! :)
We are so lucky to live across the street from your sweet little family. Thanks for being such awesome neighbors.
P.S. I love the pictures and the Marshmallow idea. How fun. Best of luck to Brooke. My Aunt and Uncle have a home in Belize. Maybe she will run into them. They are working closely with the church there to help educate the natives and find adoptive homes for abandoned children. There names are Gayland and Maureen Nield. Maybe you could pass that info on to her. :)

Jessie said...

Hey Luke and Lisa!
It's great that you have a blog too. We've never been near each other in proximity so I don't know you guys very well. I'm glad I can hear all about you and your kids and it'll seem like we're a lot closer!

Jess and Whitni said...

Hey cousin! I found your family's blog through Em's and I had to say Hi! I haven't seen your family since Thanksgiving probably, I cannot believe how much they've all grown! It looks like you guys are really enjoying life.... I can't wait to see all of your updates on here!! =0) love ya!

Ctrl-Alt-Del said...

Cute photo of Abbey. Looks like a good time was had by all.

abo-bder said...

شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
فني تركيب وصيانة الدش والستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب وبرمجة الدش بالرياض
فني تركيب الدش والستلايت بالرياض
شركة شحن اثاث من السعودية الى الامارات

abo-bder said...

فني